Where to get .530 lead balls in Vancouver

marcus_bc

Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Where can I buy round balls for my .54cal BP rifle in the lower mainland/Vancouver area?
I've phoned around (WSS, Wanstalls & Reliable) and no luck.
Will I have to resort to casting my own?
Thanks
 
If you have ROUND balls, you gotta twist them SLOW. 1 turn in 78 should be okay for little ones like these.

If you like to twist your balls FAST it's a lot easier with longer ones. Minnie is great at this.

BESS likes 'em a LOT bigger and round and smooth but then she doesn't twist them at all.

Gawd! What kinda pre-verts are we, anyway??????
.
 
I've said before here, .54 cal stuff is getting harder to find locally. Seems .50 is the more popular. Track is by far the best place to find anything you would need for any BP items. Best thing is get a mold from Lee and cast your own. I don't suppose lead is cheap to ship.
 
Where can I buy round balls for my .54cal BP rifle in the lower mainland/Vancouver area?
I've phoned around (WSS, Wanstalls & Reliable) and no luck.
Will I have to resort to casting my own?
Thanks
you can buy them online from track of the wolf, or you could just buy a ball mold from them too and make your own from old wheel weights, lead shot or lead scrap from a junk yard/salvage yard.
 
Italian Sporting Goods usually has Hornady lead balls in 0.530"

Thanks, I'll check them out Tuesday.

Yesterday I picked up 25lbs of pure lead as well as a Lee electric metal melting pot. Now all that's needed is a mold, actually two of them, a .54cal and a .50cal for my newly purchased Mowrey. I'll post a new thread on that one.
Cheers
 
Thanks, I'll check them out Tuesday.

Yesterday I picked up 25lbs of pure lead as well as a Lee electric metal melting pot. Now all that's needed is a mold, actually two of them, a .54cal and a .50cal for my newly purchased Mowrey. I'll post a new thread on that one.
Cheers

track of the wolf sells the molds for under $20 each made by lee. here's a link:
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/1202/1
you'll need the .530 and .490 caliber ones for those particular guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom