Where's the 38 spc and 357 mag?

polizeifritz

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hi,

This is my first post. I have recently started looking online for 38 special and 357 magnum ammo but all I am coming across is mainly 40s&w and 9mm. Why is this? I am planning on buying a Ruger GP100 but I want to make sure that I can easily obtain ammo for it.

Thanks in advance.
 
Both are readily available in any gun shop. If you shoot .38's then switch to .357's, you'll have to clean the cylinders first. The .38's will leave a ring of lube gunk in the cylinders. Not a big deal though. A .45 calibre brush will clean it out.
When you get that far, you can load .357 cases to .38 velocities to make the issue go away.
 
Welcome.

You should also mention where you live. If you click on some of the site sponsors, such as the ad for SFRC below, they have commercial reloads from Wolf.

You are not going to find too many ads for 38 Spl and 357 because they are not the most commonly used calibres anymore. Most of the dealers carry 38/357 ammo, just not advertising specials on them.
 
There are a few places in and around Toronto that will have it. Target Sports, (just up Hwy 404), you might also try Al Flaherty's (both are site sponsors above) and LeBaron (when translated into English it means "never in stock" ;) )

Bass Pro is not allowed to carry handgun ammo by decree by the City of Vaughn.
 
Last edited:
There are a few places in and around Toronto that will have it. Target Sports, (just up Hwy 404), you might also try Al Flaherty's (both are site sponsors above) and LeBaron (when translated into English it means "never in stock" ;) )

Bass Pro is not allowed to carry handgun ammo by decree by the Town of Markham.

Funny you should mention Target Sports, I just called them and it seems that they have decent prices, 26 bux for 50 .38s and 28bux for 50 .357s. They are also getting in the Ruger GP100 4.2 inch soon. Seems I killed two birds with one stone.
 
26 bux for 50 .38s and 28bux for 50 .357s.

EEEEK...

I'm sitting at about 12 bucks a box for .357 right now. Loading somewhere in between factory .38 and .357 power wise with commercial cast. Thank god too, I put 1000 rounds through my revolver the first month I had it. It's calmed a little since but I put 1000 through my Glock 22 the first week.

Buying primers and powder in bulk would put that down to like 8 bucks a box.
 
26 bux for 50 .38s and 28bux for 50 .357s.

EEEEK...

I'm sitting at about 12 bucks a box for .357 right now. Loading somewhere in between factory .38 and .357 power wise with commercial cast. Thank god too, I put 1000 rounds through my revolver the first month I had it. It's calmed a little since but I put 1000 through my Glock 22 the first week.

Buying primers and powder in bulk would put that down to like 8 bucks a box.

Where are you gettin' your ammo from?
 
Back
Top Bottom