smokingunns
Member
- Location
- Fraser Valley
I'm a new reloader and am wondering what would be better:
1) To buy larger quantities of powder (i.e. 8lbs powder jugs) and reload what I plan to use in a given time period (i.e. 2-4 weeks) or,
2) Reloading, then storing them to a long period (i.e. - reload and store what I will use for 6-12 months).
I've been reloading different combinations and have a couple that I like using...I usually load about a 2 weeks supply at one time.
Is there any draw backs to either option (i.e. powder going back when in the containers after the container has been opened or the powder causing any problems with the casing/primer if stored for long periods of time).
Lastly, how long is unused powder good for before it goes bad (or does it ever go bad...I'm talking after the seal is broken and the lid has been opened)?
How long is reloaded ammo good for after it has been reloaded (I keep reloaded ammo in a safe inside the house...clean and dry place).
Thanks,
1) To buy larger quantities of powder (i.e. 8lbs powder jugs) and reload what I plan to use in a given time period (i.e. 2-4 weeks) or,
2) Reloading, then storing them to a long period (i.e. - reload and store what I will use for 6-12 months).
I've been reloading different combinations and have a couple that I like using...I usually load about a 2 weeks supply at one time.
Is there any draw backs to either option (i.e. powder going back when in the containers after the container has been opened or the powder causing any problems with the casing/primer if stored for long periods of time).
Lastly, how long is unused powder good for before it goes bad (or does it ever go bad...I'm talking after the seal is broken and the lid has been opened)?
How long is reloaded ammo good for after it has been reloaded (I keep reloaded ammo in a safe inside the house...clean and dry place).
Thanks,


















































