Which one next?

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
I think I'm rather well represented here:
A Hawken style RB shooter, a BPCR in 45-70, a Pre-1891 drilling that takes BP shells, one reproduction flintlock blunderbuss, several cap and ball revolvers, two of them ROAs and two muzzleloading pistols.

Not sure if I should put on the brakes for the next BP firearm?

advice please from fellow enthusiasts......:)

Edit: A reproduction 58 caliber Minie ball tosser or a sub-caliber squirrel rifle?
 
Yes, stevejones and petew both suggest something like a fowler.
A few months back, I had this similar idea. But I desired a 16 gauge SxS.
Sadly in this modern day and age for some obscure marketing reason, they do not exist in reproductions???

too bad........
 
Probably too prohibitively expensive to make unless you go overseas manufacture. Loyalist had a 10 gauge percussion and its still listed on their website.

Yes, stevejones and petew both suggest something like a fowler.
A few months back, I had this similar idea. But I desired a 16 gauge SxS.
Sadly in this modern day and age for some obscure marketing reason, they do not exist in reproductions???

too bad........
 
Probably too prohibitively expensive to make unless you go overseas manufacture. Loyalist had a 10 gauge percussion and its still listed on their website.


All due respect steve, but I could care less about pirate goods and their website is a freaking nightmare of confusion.

You would have to be much more specific for anyone to find this listing on their webpage friend.
 
Gawd I love spending other peoples money.:) And I'm so good at it, crying shame I can't make a living out of it!

So you've got your bangers all squared away, IMHO its time for some "real" historical pieces. You're out west, so old guns won't be local (aside from the odd trade gun crap. They were crap when they were new, add 200 years to them and well...old crap!?), In any event, mid to late nineteenth century gun makers abound in Canada West (Western Ontario), Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont...you name it. There are some beautiful and authentically original firearms still to be found, research the makers and have deep pockets. (the good ones ain't cheap!)

You're Welcome :p
 
I would love a reproduction sxs flintlock shotgun! Correction - I NEED ONE!!! So yeah, that's what I would look into (or if you know a source, PM me). That's my 2 cents worth, but now that we don't have pennies, that equates to absolutley zero ;)
 
^Hey there Plinker 777. I guess I should be more specific about the cap and ball sixguns friend.
Included are a recently rebuilt Remington NMA in caliber 44 and a Manhattan in 36 calibre. (but it needs a new wedge)
The 1860 Colt is in a questionable state of disrepair.
Maybe next year it will be taken care of.

Cheers!
 
58 minie guns are fun to play with here s mine

aal-136_1.jpg
 
I also have one of the early Ph musketoons that is of yet unfired but will be this year.The Ph muzzleloaders are about the best minie guns going.Williams arms has a nice used one for sale.
 
Last edited:
^Hey there Plinker 777. I guess I should be more specific about the cap and ball sixguns friend.
Included are a recently rebuilt Remington NMA in caliber 44 and a Manhattan in 36 calibre. (but it needs a new wedge)
The 1860 Colt is in a questionable state of disrepair.
Maybe next year it will be taken care of.

Cheers!

Derp, there I go assuming again! I assumed your shooters were reproductions. A weird and wonderful sensation comes over me at the mention of a 44 Remington. :).
 
Back
Top Bottom