Which progressive loader to use??

jassoplau

Regular
Rating - 94.8%
73   4   0
So I have used a single stage re-loader before and I am familiar with reloading for precision shooting. I stepped away from reloading but I am getting the itch again...plus its cheaper. I am looking to reload large amounts (10,000+ rounds) of .223 but also to reload precision .308 and .338 Edge loads. I have looked at Dillion Progressive loaders and the parts and pieces that I would need to set up for .308 and .338. Does anyone have some ideas on what the best set up would be for me?
 
The 550 or 650 will both serve you well. The big question is how often do you expect to find yourself with once fired military brass?

I guess I'm the resident douche 1050 zealot, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you are loading 10K+ of this type of ammo, you should consider the 1050.

It's ability to deal with crimped primers without a seperate operation is worth it's weight in gold.

If you are only loading a few hundred rounds of .308 and .338 Edge (It uses the .308 case head?) you could process the brass on the 1050 and then prime and load on your single stage.

You'd need a 1050 ordered in .223 Rem, plus the .308 caliber conversion and a large rifle casefeeder plate.
 
Back
Top Bottom