Whitney Navy jamming

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
I was a little bit concerned today when I took out the Whitney Navy 36 out to the range today. At first I tried No.11 caps for the first two shots, and there was just way too much cap movement on the unfired chambers.
I switched to No. 10s and the fit was a little better.
I fired the remaining four chambers without a hiccup.
However once I placed it at half #### to ensure all caps fired and free, the hand would not lock into one of the first two fired chambers. I should have inspected it better right then and there but I didn't as I was in a hurry to get ready for a night shift.

I cleaned her all up and voila! Zero jamming issues.
Lockup and timing is back to.normal.
The hand and cylinder bolt look.just fine and are free of debris.

Maybe a piece of fired cap sitting in a ratchet position?

Any input appreciated folks.
 
Likely a piece of cap jammed somewhere, yes :)

How did it shoot?
 
Last edited:
Would have been better if I brought the proper sized round ball ammunition.
The .380 was scary loose inside three of the chamber's. Foolishness on my part I left the .389 diameter ammo at home. At twelve yards if I aimed at the lower right of an eight inch target, three rounds from the tighter chambers impacted about one inch about the bull. The other three high and left corner this target from the loose chambers.

I know I have done better in the past. But at least it does not strike outrageously high, such as my Remington New Model Army.
 
Back
Top Bottom