Who can identify this Parker Hale sight or tool bracket?

Willy Tincup

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
575   0   1
Location
Owen Sound
It is 5" long and believed to be a peep/ target sight mounting bracket but possibly a tool part. I recall seeing a fuzzy picture one time with something similar mounted on the left side of a Martini style rifle. Would like to determine what model of sight it is designed for and what model of rifle it will mount on. Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. Thank you.Picture 331.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Picture 331.jpg
    Picture 331.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 221
It's a bracket that connects a P-H sight to its base.
X7IrD1f.jpg
 
Please enlighten me. What is the difference between the base assembly posted by slug in post # 4 and the one I posted in post # 2? Looks to me like the same base assembly with a different sight.
 
The sight was originally fitted to a BSA .222, and the base was ground down for installation on the Ruger No 1.
There aren't any visible markings on the base.
WMjmfxr.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for posting
Exactly the same base assembly. Parker- Hale Backsight With adjustable extension bar for Winchester, Remington and similar bolt action Target rifles.. As stated in post # 2 - ........ part of a sight base for a Model 52 Winchester.
 
B_noser: Yes, I agree. Appears to be the same sight bar....and thank you. When I checked your link originaly I did not see the picture that I now see. The original picture of a m52 did not show the detail of the sight assembly. My apologies. I do agree that the item in the original post is a PH adjustable sight bar that is used with both a base and a rear sight assembley. I thank both you and Slug for your interest and responses. I would still be interested in knowing if the base and sight assemblies used have any model numbers.
 
Back
Top Bottom