Who fixes Colts?

Drillbit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have a Colt SAA that needs some work.
I've been phoning & emailing all over, but haven't found any luck yet.

I need a 44 special cylinder for it. Anyone know where I could find a cylinder and get it timed properly. The half-#### also doesn't work, so it may need a hammer. Anyways, it needs work.
Preferably a smith in Canada.

Any help would be great, thanks guys! I want to start enjoying this thing!
 
Colt repairs

Setting the timing on Colts is a real challenge.......why not contact Colt Firearms in the US and get their recommendation on a Canadian gunsmith?
 
Rusty Wood Trading in B.C. (Vancouver Island, I think) is supposed to be a first rate Colt gunsmith. He's done most of the Cowboy Action shooters guns. Do a google search on him and you should get a connection.
 
We definately need a gunsmith in toronto, i was talking to a buddy of mine in the forces who is a weapons technition and he says he may consider doing civilian repair work later on in the future, right now he mostly works with C7A1s and M203s... About the issue with your colt, you're going to probably have to ship it out of region...
 
Second vote for Rusty wood Trading Co. Handled and cycled a Colt SAA that he restored, it was beautiful with very crisp smooth action, all the clicks were nice.
 
Peacemaker Specialists might be able to help you out with the cylinder. After you get the cylinder I don't see why any gunsmith couldn't time the Colt other than the fact that they do not want to work on an antique gun. Timing really isn't that hard.
 
44 special cylinders

This outfit has got them for first and second generation SAA - I haven't done business with them so can't vouch for them:

http://tenring.com/colts.html
 
Back
Top Bottom