who has surplus .308 rnds?

jabberjaw112

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
calgary
Things are pickin up in the trades here in Cowtown, and finally have some geld. Only prob, no surplus rounds. anybody out there able to point me in the right direction.
Thanx
 
I don't know about Calgary but stuff like that is rarer than the proverbial hog's teeth down east here. . . I think I got the last of the bunch of South African that was over in the Army Navy store and that was a couple of years ago. Lots of CGN members are in the same boat. Best regards Tony.
 
Nuts!

things military folks just sighed and said sorry!Damn mortage payments!, would have surely bought more than the 2 combat packs I did.
 
I bought a crate (1200 rnds) from Del Selin, but they've been out since... April?
 
a LITTLE? $218 for 200 rounds of American Eagle is nearly twice what I paid for my SA surplus .308!


I scored several battle packs of SA from TSE for $45/140 a couple of years ago, unfortunately those times are gone. In this climate $218 for 200 commercial in Federal brass isn't so bad. I haven't fired any of my SA yet but if I'm not mistaken it's berdan primed so unreloadable.
 
Surplus 308 has been out for a long time. It is even very hard to get commercial 308 soft points anywhere in Ontario. I've been out of 308 for months now.
I really think I will turn a pacifist and campaign to end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq but for one purpose only: my own vanity: make 308 surplus ammo available again for my own pleasure.
 
I scored several battle packs of SA from TSE for $45/140 a couple of years ago, unfortunately those times are gone. In this climate $218 for 200 commercial in Federal brass isn't so bad. I haven't fired any of my SA yet but if I'm not mistaken it's berdan primed so unreloadable.

This is true, but I bought my SA in April '09.
 
Here's what DPMS Inc. says about (PMP) SA Surplus:

"We have used this ammuntion in the past for testing purposes and found that the brass is extremely soft and can "flow" into microscopic pores and grooved in the chamber, creating "sticky" extraction. This had been reported in many types of rifles, but is more prevalent in semi-auto weapons."

It voids the warranty on their AR-15s.

I also read that a lot of people are using it in all kinds of rifles with no complaints whatsoever. I don't have a source for surplus 308.

Here is another thread worth considering:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81355&highlight=308

ivibulllets.jpg
 
Last edited:
An amusing tale. Last year (or early this year) Marstar got in a small container of Norinco 308. I believe it was priced at $500/1000, and was completely sold out in a couple days.
 
I saw .308 IVI surplus ammo about a month ago for $0.75 per round....was that a good price? they also had some corrosive ammo for $0.55 a pop...
 
Back
Top Bottom