Who here shoots Walkers?

I have an 1851 Colt Navy reproduction on order and another in .44 in the mail on the way here. My next purchase will be a Walker to round out my fledgling collection.
Click on the link below for U.S Walker Club

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=341028


WalkerandDragoons.jpg
 
Last edited:
I had an ASM Walker a few years back. Lots of fun to shoot. Expecially if you fill the chambers all the way with 2F. Leave just enough room for the ball and a smidgeon of grease. Lot's of flame & smoke. The dropping loading lever when you fire it can be fixed. Not difficult at all. Cheers
 
Years ago I shot one at a match with one hand. That was a challenge!!!!
Even hit the target...fired the rest in the cylinder with two hands and clanged a gong at 200 yards.
 
My Uberti is quite accurate and fun to shoot, I also load to the max with 2F and leave just enough room for the ball. Always makes me think of Clint Eastwood`s Outlaw Jose Wales movie.
 
I had one for a while but did not like it. The cylinder pin fouled badly and I had to clean the pin every 2 cylinders. Fire a third and I had to put the gun muzzle down in a bucket of water, up to about the trigger, to soften the fouling enough to get the barrel off.

cheers mooncoon
 
I have a pair and they are a lot of fun for sure. One is a Uberti and the other is an ASM...of the 2 I prefer the Uberti as the fit and finish can hardly be compared.

You can see what a full charge getting touched off looks like if you look at my avatar!
 
I'm still keeping an eye out for one of the Colt 2nd gen versions, had a Uberti for a while some time back. Fun guns. - dan

Never looked at a 2nd. generation Walker, but I had one of the 1851 Navies. I sold it and got a Uberti! :mad:

It seems that the Colt guns were built to be pretty, and kept in a display case. The blue and engraving was superior to the Uberti, as were the case colours. However, the action was rough, trigger awful, and worst of all, there was no cylinder gap at the bottom of the barrel, because the rear of the barrel wasn't square! I was thoroughly disgusted.

A Uberti Walker is on my wish list!
 
Check this out:

http://acn.liveauctioneers.com/index.php/features/antiques/36-antiques/258-colt-walker-pistol-hits-record-920000-at-james-julia-auction
 
Back
Top Bottom