Why did my thread get deleted??

Allen Gun Works

Revolted
Rating - 100%
209   0   0
Location
Trenton
I had a post on here looking for information on an 1851 Navy Revolver. The information that was posted was interesting and relevant to a firearm I am currently trying to sell. The purpose of the post was to gather as much information as I could in order to determine the value. This intention was never hidden and it was clearly stated that I did not want offers on this gun in the forum, as I was looking for information only.

The gun is now posted in the EE, but I don't think there were any violations of forum rules nor was I notified that the post had been deleted?
 
Not the case. I didn't even own the gun when I started the post. I was trying to determine it's value and history. I also made it quite clear that it was not a sale thread. I also clearly stated that I don't have a lot of knowledge on antique firearms and was reaching out the CGN community for some info. The info provided proved to be very helpful in identifying what I was looking at and eventually used that information to make an informed purchase.
 
Back
Top Bottom