why such a price difference?

bobdbldr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
I was looking at the prices on the U.S. Cabelas site for pietta bp handguns and the deals are fantastic. Cabeias Canada does not even carry them and other sites I have been on are basically double the price!
Are we able to import bp handguns into Canada? Or are they the same as smokeless handguns and rifles. If I could have, I would have ordered 2 yesterday ! A pietta 1851 36cal. and a 1858 new model 44. Together they would have been around $320.!
 
It boggles the mind how cap and ball revolvers post 1898 manufacture date are deemed restricted...

f**k this country is dumber than a bag of hammers sometimes.

Yo dawg grab you gats dawg, we gots ta merc this mofo, he be trippin round here dawg.

Ima bring ma remmy 1858 dawg, merc em old school like.

:bangHead:
 
Reproduction Uberti 1849 Pocket Pistol with 4 inch barrel...PROHIBITED :eek:

Uberti4inchPocket.jpg


To the OP there are some BP cap and Ball revolvers on the EE right now for less than retail.
 
Cabelas has a whack of BP revolvers in the latest catalog actually.
And while I agree with the need for our gun laws needing a work-over...I don't think envying the cost difference between us & them is the right thing to do.
Couple of years ago my employer shipped me down to the US for a month's worth of work. Being a smart-ass I asked if I'd be getting paid in US funds; which would have been an advantage then, LOL.
My boss retorted with " How about we pay you at the US day-rate too?". That...would have put me at a distinct dis-advantage
Prices are lower down south... true, as is the cost of living...as is the wage scale, IMO.
Hope everything works out well for our neighbors down south.
 
We Canadians have always been charged more for goods here than in the USA. The reason......Canadians will pay! This went from small items right up to vehicles. Hondas made here in Canada and shipped to the USA are sold $8,000.00 cheaper there. So, enjoy being overcharged......."charge what the market will bear"!!!!!
 
We Canadians have always been charged more for goods here than in the USA. The reason......Canadians will pay! This went from small items right up to vehicles. Hondas made here in Canada and shipped to the USA are sold $8,000.00 cheaper there. So, enjoy being overcharged......."charge what the market will bear"!!!!!

The market will bear it because on the whole Canadians have higher incomes and are cushioned from certain expenses, such as crippling medical bills. In Europe, prices (and wages) are much higher....We're still at the low end of the scale.

True, many things are more expensive here but overall I feel as though my financial situation and buying power would suffer if I moved south.
 
The market will bear it because on the whole Canadians have higher incomes and are cushioned from certain expenses, such as crippling medical bills.

I don't really believe that our wages our so much higher than theirs, especially once you factor in the high taxation rate we're hit with.
 
I don't really believe that our wages our so much higher than theirs, especially once you factor in the high taxation rate we're hit with.
Make a few inquires as to what kind of a wage you'll make south of the line. Maybe your employment is much more valued than mine south of the 49...good on you.
Things are lots cheaper down south , yep. They don't make as much per hour, day or year ...at least in my line of business.
Is their standard of living as good?
I hope so, but I'm still not ready to move down there; I like Canada eh
 
You may want to check on export laws from the U.S., and import laws into Canada. Not sure about BP handguns, but AFAIK, BP rifles are not considered firearms down south, and most firearms rules don't apply to them. You can walk in to any WallyLand, buy one, and walk out with no paperwork or ID whatsoever. I would assume you could export them with no hassle. Maybe same holds true for handguns (BP only). If so, you'd just have to find out what needs to be done to import one into Canada.

If I'm wrong on any or all of these points, please point it out, but don't jump all over me. Just trying to be helpful here and give the OP some homework.
 
Cabelas has a whack of BP revolvers in the latest catalog actually.
And while I agree with the need for our gun laws needing a work-over...I don't think envying the cost difference between us & them is the right thing to do.
Couple of years ago my employer shipped me down to the US for a month's worth of work. Being a smart-ass I asked if I'd be getting paid in US funds; which would have been an advantage then, LOL.
My boss retorted with " How about we pay you at the US day-rate too?". That...would have put me at a distinct dis-advantage
Prices are lower down south... true, as is the cost of living...as is the wage scale, IMO.
Hope everything works out well for our neighbors down south.

That would be the Cabelas US catalogue. Cabela's Canada doesn't.
 
Back
Top Bottom