will winchester stand behind a bad box of ammo?

cobra429scj

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went to the shooting range with a friend and his brand new 30-06 with brand new winchester super x ammo 12 missfired. so we tryed a box of fed. all fired fine. will wichester do anything or should he cut the loose?? just like to know. thanx.
 
Squib load, hangfire or fail to fire?

If the primers have been struck but the cartridge is still in tact, I think maybe, but can't say for sure.
 
That's just plain scary, 12/20 misfired suggests a huge problem where these rounds came from. I have never had a rifle misfire, let alone more than half the box.

It kinda sucks though, I don't know of any retailers which return ammunition, maybe if you bought it from a gun shop, they could help ya out, but winchester may not even want you to return it (ie, mailing restrictions, etc)
 
Maybe try an authorized repair center for winchester.

More likely than not, it won't be worth your time, or your buddy's
 
missfires

I had a problem with some ammo purchased at wss except the stuff in the yellow box you know what I mean and even though I had fired over half of a 250 round " bulk " pack when I returned to the store and showed all the faults with the ammo in question the manager made a direct call to the rep , who I suspect knew something about it preveuosly because I was given a full refund on the purchase no questions asked . It may be worth a try even though it is wss !!!! They ( winchester ) may have some knowledge of a problem already , and with the ammo shortage and mass production it is possible some slipped by !
 
If you still have the till receipt for those cartridges, ask WSS or go onto Google and look for the Canadian distributor. They will usually back up their product and with bells on.
They may ask a few pertinent questions and if your answers are good, may send you a credit for the store you purchased them from. About 10 years ago, I had a case of Winchester 22 rimfire that had at least 1 misfire per box of 50. I called the distributor and after a couple of weeks he returned the call and had been in touch with his supplier in the US and had a lot number that was causing problems. He arranged for the local store I bought them from to receive another case of cartridges to replace them. He didn't want the bad stuff back as it would have been to much of a hassle for him price wise and told me to dispose of them as I saw fit. There was no additional cost for me or my local shop other than the gas to pick up the cartridges.
I think I got the contact information from the cartridge box and with a few phone calls, all was eventually taken care of.
 
Last edited:
I had trouble with Winchester 223 wssm factory loads when the first came out not chambering in my rifle. I emailed them and explained the problem how 6 out of 40 would not chamber. They sent me a coupon for two boxes of wssm ammo for free no question asked.
 
Back
Top Bottom