win mod 1892 44-40

coyote

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
New-Brunswick
I have a chance to buy a mod 1892 and believe it to be in 44-40 it is in original condition action is very tight no play anywhere bluing is almost all gone no rust , rear sight appears to have been replaced.
Any idea what it is worth according to ser# it dates to 1902
 
Last edited:
Pics are really necessary for an intelligent estimate of value. Is it a carbine or a rifle? Value for a "grey gun" will be at the low end of the scale. Not much collector interest in these but still a good choice for shooting/hunting. An 1892 rifle with round barrel and full mag would start at around $800 with a carbine starting around $200 more. Any special order feature; half mag, octagon, half round, pistol grip, short rifle, checkering would boost value. My 2 cents.
 
I have a chance to buy a mod 1892 and believe it to be in 44-40 it is in original condition action is very tight no play anywhere bluing is almost all gone no rust , rear sight appears to have been replaced.
Any idea what it is worth according to ser# it dates to 1902

Good morning,

Yes we would definitely need more information and several photos of the rifle in order to venture any sort of accurate value for the gun. You might want to read this blog post of mine for guidance: http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/give-me-what-i-need-294224.html

I own more than 40 Model 1892's and have been working on a research survey for over 7 years now where I have looked at over 10,000 of these rifles. I should be able to help. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=606355

Thanks
Michael
 
Back
Top Bottom