Wincherster 1907 Takedown Screw Lock (?)

NorthCoastBigBore

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
When I got this rifle several years ago I was given what the last owner thought was the takedown screw lock, that he had taken out because it wasn't necessary.
However, I found that without it the takedown screw actually backs off while you're shooting it so I would like to reinstall it. I just restocked this thing and I'd love to get it in place.

But I'm pretty certain the assembly I was given is actually the wrong one. I can make something that works, but first I'll ask if anyone can confirm this is the wrong assembly? The pivot hole is nowhere close to extending far enough to go below the upper tang; nor is the catch for the teeth on the screw in the right place to engage.

G36ZaXn.jpg


Assuming it is the wrong assembly, if anyone can point me to a diagram that where I can actually see this assembly in place, it would be appreciated. I've been all over Google. YES there are lots of 1907 diagrams but the only one's I've found that show this mechanism can't be blown up enough to be seen

I'm sure there is one out there though and I'm hoping someone has a detailed diagram, or photos, saved somewhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom