Winchester 1876 carbine

chasseur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
90   1   0
Location
, Nova Scotia
Just picked this up from Epps a Cimmaron Crossfire trail 76 carbine in 45/60 cal, now all I need is some brass.This is going to make some sweet Deer rifle this fall

JAO_zps5e29c0bb.jpg
 
Brass is easily made up from 45-70 by trimming to length. I have an original 1876 carbine in 45-60, an original Winchester 300 grain mould and this is what I use for brass.
 
order your brass at cabelas. I have some on backorder so maybe if you order some too they will get them in faster.!
 
If you can get your hands on some of the 330gr Gould pattern cast hollow-points for .45-70, or a mould & make your own (Lyman still sells the mould) I've heard of guys loading it in .45-60 for a876 actions. It's a bit too long, but apparently a little shortening of the brass solves the problem. There's info available in the form of a few articles here & there.

That'd make a sweet deer combo.
 
Back
Top Bottom