I was over at a friends place today and he pulled out a very nice Winchester model 1892 in 44WCF to get my opinion on how much I thought it might be worth.
The serial number is 695***
I would say the wood is all original, never sanded but has dents and dings from being used as a hunting gun.
Front site looked original.
The saddle ring is missing.
Most of the bluing is missing but I would say it has a very nice brown patina look to it.
None of the screws are messed up, all looked very good.
I didn't get to check the bore. (had a trigger lock on it)
For it's age I would think it's in very good condition.
Any ideas as to what it might be worth and date of Manufacture?
Thanks for any thoughts or info.
The serial number is 695***
I would say the wood is all original, never sanded but has dents and dings from being used as a hunting gun.
Front site looked original.
The saddle ring is missing.
Most of the bluing is missing but I would say it has a very nice brown patina look to it.
None of the screws are messed up, all looked very good.
I didn't get to check the bore. (had a trigger lock on it)
For it's age I would think it's in very good condition.
Any ideas as to what it might be worth and date of Manufacture?
Thanks for any thoughts or info.
Last edited:


















































