Winchester 1894 need advice.

YES! i got another part. That fore end. Free as i thought. another step forward. The mag tube i had given to me before but now it needs the bands, spring and follower. Thanks to wayne and dallas and drbosh its coming along. i sanded the barrel and receiver today. Looks a bit better and markings still remain. Invested $110 so far...rest was given to me by fans of this project.
By the way.. my acquaintance showed me his 1894 made in 1902 what a nice gun with shiny steel receiver and later My friend/neighbour showed me his blued mod 94 made in 1957. what a perfect gun. Id like to know how much that one is worth. Its perfect condition passed from his grandfather. Anyway... onto looking for more parts... and here a couple of pics.
photo2_zpse07a5a09.jpg

photo1_zps4e90bf94.jpg
 
Last edited:
Good job! I'm in the same boat, I've got a Year 1908 given to me in same condition, the bore is in good shape and I'm making a shooter out of it. I got my parts from Homestead Parts and from a fellow CGN'er.

Regards, Der Hauptgefreite
 
Awesome! Can you post a couple of pictures? I hope I can make a shooter out of this as well but if its all mechanically working I will be happy. Just a challenge to show it to the acquaintance who gave me a receiver as a piece of junk. Hehehe.
But now I'm hooked on winchesters. It's a problem cause they can be expensive to play with. I think I will look for another one in rough condition.
 
Awesome! Can you post a couple of pictures? I hope I can make a shooter out of this as well but if its all mechanically working I will be happy. Just a challenge to show it to the acquaintance who gave me a receiver as a piece of junk. Hehehe.
But now I'm hooked on winchesters. It's a problem cause they can be expensive to play with. I think I will look for another one in rough condition.

Yes, I will post pics soon. My gun was given to me by a coworker, that never had the time for what we try to do here. Maybe you want to give Homestead Parts a try, the prices are not that bad. But good luck for your project.
 
Wow, very well done. I don't have any carbine sights or a sling ring in my stuff, otherwise I'd be sending something your way. All can be found on Fleabay though. Good luck with the finishing touches!

Matt
 
Big thanks to Mike webb from CGN here who just donated a saddle ring to me. So another step Forward. Its nice to have good advice and help from this community.
I showed the carbine to the acquaintance who gave me the barreled receiver and started the whole thing. He was in disbelief. he himself restores old/antique furniture. He was very impressed which i thought was a great compliment to my time invested in this. thank you all for support.
 
Hey, drslav!

Your Winchester is locking very good, you did very well with your project.
I told you that I'm in the same boat as you, and I told you also I will post pics. My gun was in the same shape as yours, now I wish I had taken before pictures.
But at the time I was so exited to start the project, and I didn't. At the pictures you can see the pitting on the receiver and the barrel, so I went with the cold blue.
I know the hot blue lasts longer, but I'm hoping after handling it a bit, it might give it an old lock.





As you can see the stock and the forearm are missing, any help would be great, since I'm on a budget, too.
Thanks!

Regards
Der Hauptgefreite
 
Back
Top Bottom