Winchester 1894 Price Check

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well this came into my possession looking for value I got 3 books they all say something different.It's a Winchester 1894 Extra lightweight rifle in 38-55 date of manufacture is 1916 have a look see if you can help me out bore is good some fine pitting but has strong rifling and is still shiny.
P1260035.jpg

P1260036.jpg
 
Nice looking rifle. Don't know about the extra lightweight though, looks like a standard contour and length barrel. Definitely special order gun though, half magazine, shotgun butt. Values are lower in Canada but if I were selling it(which I wouldn't be) I wouldn't take less than $1000. My 2 cents.
 
My book just said the extra lightweight were the half mag models so I just assumed this was
thanks Mike
 
Last edited:
Sure looks like a standard 26 inch barrel to me. Measured from the end of the barrel to the receiver should be a little over 25 inches. Front sight dovetail should be 1 inch from the end if the barrel to the center of the dovetail.
 
its 26inch barrel my info is out of the standard catalog of firearms it says the extra lightweight came in 22"or26" round barrel with half mag plain walnut straight grip stock with shotgun buttplate and plain capped forearm. value in good condition $1500.00 I was just wondering how close to real life the value is.
 
No mag tube dovetail on bottom or barrel.....I'd say thats looking pretty good!

Nope the mag has not been shortened I know were this gun came from its as the fellas father bought it new it hasn't been messed with .the man I got it from is in his 70's and I have hunted with him with this and a model 14 rem pump in 30rem.that he got from his father
 
I don't think it's an ELW. Barrel is too heavy and front sight dovetail is cut into the barrel. ELW's had such a slim barrel that they used a ramp front sight that was integral with the barrel. Still a special order gun and very nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom