Winchester 1894 Tang Peeps

Mike Webb

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
214   0   1
Location
Southern N.B.
Is there any place in Canada where you can buy mounting screws for the old original Lyman or Marbles tang peep sights? Even modern repros. I have read that the new manufacture screws will not work with the old sights.
 
That's a good question Mike. I wouldn't mind knowing that too. They are easy enough to find on Fleabay too if you're interested in that route. Prices are very reasonable for very good repros, and there are often originals on there as well.
Matt
 
I get my screws from Buffalo Arms in the US, but I can't attest to their comparison to originals, however I don't think they have changed much over the last century.

That being said, I think there is a chap who makes reproduction screws for the old Winchesters, can't find the website right now.

This guy on ebay makes his own and states 'don't see what you need, ask' That may be a good option to explore.
 
Thanks for the replies. I have seen the guy's ad on Ebay and just wanted to stay away from (FRAUD ALERT). I do know for a fact that the modern Lyman screws do not work with the originals, I think the head of the screw is different.
 
Anyone with a screw cutting lathe can make you a set. I had a friend in Saint John N.B. that made me a few about 20 years ago and also bought a bunch from a guy in Ontario that had them made in Montreal. My friend in SJ has since past away and I don't know what he did with the lathe.

Any machine shop should be able to turn out a few. If they are made from an original they are an excate copy. I used to sell them for $5.00 a pc and had no problem selling them at gun shows.

Don't have any for sale, figure I'll keep what I got left.
 
You might want to try Chas Jones gun parts in the USA. He specializes in lever guns. There is another US supplier that I ordered my reproduction Lyman 21 sight from but I can't find their info right now. I'll post it when I can.
 
OK I bought my Lyman 21 repro from Buffalo Arms but the box it came in says Providence Tool Company. (had to go find the box). So I'd try Buffalo Arms as they ship to Canada and if no joy then give Providence Tool a go.
 
Back
Top Bottom