Winchester 1895 that came with a story!

bgcameron

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Location
Victoria, BC
Disclaimer: Buy the gun, not the story. The story came after the deal was made and there was no mark-up on this gun as such.

I picked up this gem today. It's a 30-40, and a little rough around the edges but in nice shape considering it's age and what it may have been through over the years.


Now for the story:

This gun came from the Yukon. The story passed along through the family (of the seller) is that it was taken on trade from Albert Johnson, the Mad Trapper. Obviously there is no way to prove it since the man was a mystery, but it is a neat thought anyway.

1f7bc0ea166a04a5e6d153a6def97ca9fd21cc70.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks to be an interesting shooter.
There is something about these old lever guns and the silver and the wood.
The contrasts are cool.
What setting are you using on your digital camera to get the whole gun in the frame?
I for the life of me fight with my camera every time I go to take a gun pic.
I gotta get out and shoot my new to me lever gun.
Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom