Winchester 555-round .22 packs

AK

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
238   1   1
Anyone had experience with these? They are copper plated HP and come in a pretty reddish-colored box. The local Wally Mart had them for $19.97 each! I cleaned out their shelves (which was only five boxes but still). Cheapest .22 LR that I've seen so far. On the other hand they had plenty of Federal 525 bulk packs for $28.97!! :eek:
 
555's were $19.95 at a Wobble Mart or a Canada Tire (I forget now which) in Alberta a month back when I passed through. Like a dumba$$, I only bought two. They work just fine in my stock 10/22.
 
I scooped up about 20 bricks of these this summer, found them to be exceptionally accurate and devastating in both of my 10/22's as well as my Henry and my 597. I went through 2 bricks so far without any issues. These things put the hurt on gophers with that nasty hollowpoint they have. Results very similar to YellowJackets and they make the same 'thwock' sound on impact :cool:
 
These are pretty good for the money. I've gone through a couple bricks with no failures, misfeeds, misfires, stovepipes, anything. The federal champions are crap. I had about 20 stovepipes and a dozen misfires (5 fo which wouldn't fire when loaded a second or third time) out of one 525 box.
 
all i've seen are the 333's cheap and work flawlessly out of my savage mkII and my marlin 795ss likes them for teh most part too.
 
Back
Top Bottom