Winchester 66 frame help please

joe n

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
300   0   0
Can someone please school me on the Winchester 66 rifle, and how desireable this frame would be to a collector or someone wanting to restore such a rifle? Here are some pics I took today, I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on the subject. Grateful for any help :)
aojun11047.jpg

aojun11057.jpg

aojun11056.jpg

aojun11055.jpg

aojun11054.jpg

aojun11053.jpg

aojun11052.jpg

aojun11051.jpg

aojun11050.jpg

aojun11049.jpg

aojun11048.jpg

aojun11047-1.jpg

aojun11047.jpg
 
Last edited:
The frame would be interesting to a collector for parts but as far as rebuilding it, good luck. Winchester 66 parts are almost impossible to find and even if you did find enough parts to build a rifle the cost would be prohibitive. My 2 cents.
 
That frame, 10 grand in work, and three grand in parts, and you will have a nice looking $3500 rifle.

Maybe not that much worth in the end.

Neat old relic. Might be worth something (couple hundred, maybe) to a guy that collects such, if you can come up with the history or at least a letter telling where it was found.

Cheers
Trev
 
What a great old frame.

I would love to find something like this.

Looks like a long term do it yourself rebuild, take a year or 2 some innard schematic's and have at er.....

Just brilliant, thanks for the inspiration!
 
Thank you Gentlemen for the responses. This frame actually belongs to an old friend of mine, who recently aquired a large number of firearms from an aquaintance of his. Most of the firearms are greater than 100 years old, and include a number of Winchester rifles. I too would like to know the full story of where and when this frame was aquired.
His plans are to slowly liquidate the assortment, and I am going to get him set up on his computer and get EE access, so I can help him sell here.
A few more pics of what he has aquired are here:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619455
 
Thank you Gentlemen for the responses. This frame actually belongs to an old friend of mine, who recently aquired a large number of firearms from an aquaintance of his. Most of the firearms are greater than 100 years old, and include a number of Winchester rifles. I too would like to know the full story of where and when this frame was aquired.
His plans are to slowly liquidate the assortment, and I am going to get him set up on his computer and get EE access, so I can help him sell here.
A few more pics of what he has aquired are here:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619455

You could start by checking the serial number of the frame to determine when it was made and if in the serial number range, check with the Cody Firearm Museum for information.
 
Back
Top Bottom