Winchester 7.62x39 banned from Canada

pjt

Regular
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have recently tired to order some Winchester 7.62x39 soft point and was told the US gov. has banned it from export to Canada.
Does anyone know or had the same response?
My best guess is because it is a red round however it is available in the US
 
Most military calibres can no longer be exported from the USA. I believe .40 S&W is on the list too.
Not sure about 40SW, but .45ACP is definitely on the no longer exportable list, along with 7.62x51, 7.62x39, 5.56x45. I'm not sure about the civilian .223 and .308 though, someone else will have to chirp in for those.
 
I am trying to find the release issued by the US or whatever. I could have sworn CSSA did one too. It's hard to find, though I admit I don't really know where to look and can't remember enough to Google.
 
I think cancer's jumping the gun a bit. Yes, exports of 7.62x39 from the States to Canada have been banned for a while because of the AK connection.

The only thing I've heard about .40, .45, etc. were rumors.
 
I can't find the damn thing...


??? No more .45?

Where does all the ammo come from then?

I misread. It is likely the last you'll see of American ammunition for those calibres for a while at least. I am already seeing threads with people asking where to find 9mm. Then again I don't pay much attention these days. Things may have changed, what I read may have been a hoax. I reload and there are plenty of sources of quality components and ammunition elsewhere. So I am not too concerned one way or the other.
 
AFAIK, no pistol calibres have been affected, just 'military' designation rifle calibres.

I think pistol ammo shortages in Canada more relate to US demand/stockpiling so Canadian distributors are having a hard time getting their orders filled. Lots of US gunshops have started rationing sales to X number of boxes due to supply/demand issues.
 
What? You're (collectively) telling me that commercially manufactured ammunition packaged for civilian sale is now on the absurd list of s**t the US doesn't want exported to Canada?

What a f**king joke.
 
Back
Top Bottom