Winchester Ballistic Silvertips For Moose?

my brother killed a small bull with 150's in his 300WSM.
3 shots at 300 yards. i dont think it needed 3, but he took no chance
i certainly would have made a different choice of ammo tough.
but i think they would work good in 180 at 30-06 velocity. especially if you stay off the shoulder blade.
 
as soon as you hit any rib bone they seem to blow apart , thats my ex . spend the $$ get some tripple shock barns you wil be happy withe that I know I am . I took a moose this year with a 7mm rem at 375 yrds , hit a rib going in and hit a rib going out only made a 1.5 inch exit hole . one shot one kill :D:D
 
in my 325 wsm , the 180 grain is very accurate, but too frangible. on the other hand the combined technologies nosler ballistic tip has a thicker jacket and a better choice of the two. I shoot barnes tsx, accurate and hold very well together for proper penetration even if bone is hit.

TB
 
I have heard that the 150gr and 165gr are bad for moose as they have a thin jacket. And then someone said the 180gr have a thicker jacket. I will probly end up going with Accubonds or Partitions.
 
Back
Top Bottom