Winchester Blind Side "HEX" shot

ciphery

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Winchester Blind Side 'Hex' shot(cubes) 12g 3"
Has anyone used this yet? And what do you have to say?
I saw the box and immediately thought,well they can get more in a shell like that, but cubes don't fly well aerodynamically so I'm thinking the patterns are going to open up and effective range my drop off a bit. Would like to hear your firsthand experiences with the stuff.
 
Last edited:
Ive got a box in #2 (3") and im not impressed with it so far. Given it was my first hunt of the year and the situations werent ideal, but i failed to kill a duck with 6 shots.

My favourite shot is #4. I wish they made it in that size. It patterned OK. Not great, just average (Kent patterns best for me)
 
Marketing to a large degree IMO. Winchesters answer to Blackcloud. They have similar wad designs. I think the odd shaped pellets in both loads are to open the pattern up after it leaves the the shot cup that keeps the pattern together for the first 15-20 yards. They probably pattern too tightly for the "average wingshooter" leading to a really tight pattern under 30 yards and more misses at closer ranges. Yes they do have good 35-40 yard patterns if you have the skills to make those shots. Under 35yds $15 a box steel will kill ducks all day long.
 
15-20 yds the wad is going through the target page! Ya it goes from slug type groups to scattering the shot within 15 difference. Not overly impressed. I'm left with either 100% or 40% from a 870 Mod
 
I don't have an Imp-Cyl. I have a Full, Mod, Skeet. I'm a little leery of using a full on steel especially when its packed in there so tight to begin with. The Mod has a very narrow range to which it is good for and the skeet would only open it up more wouldn't it?
I can try it I suppose and report back....
It just seems that once the wad comes off the shot just scatters,big time!
 
Back
Top Bottom