Winchester Lee rifle

jclayton

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Salmon Arm
I have just acquired a Winchester Lee sporter in .236 USN calibre.The serial number indicates it was made in 1899.
The stock has been refinished but otherwise it is in very good condition. A clip was necessary to load the magazine and none of the clips I have will work.
Does any one out there have a clip for sale?
A 20 round box of Winchester ammo came with it, probably too valuable to shoot.
jclayton
 
The Winchester Lee will operate as a magazine rifle fine without the clip by loading single rounds into the mag. Make brass from 220 Swift cases and use 105 gr bullets.
 
I couldn't find any 220 swift so I made my cases from 303 shells with the rim modified and the body reformed. The slugs are 243 because the 236 is the bore not the groove diameter

cheers Doug
 
I have an 1895 Winchester Lee Relic in my collection-----and 1 '1895 Pat Win' Winchester Lee Stripper Clip. Functions and very cool to watch.
Take the stripper clip and enter from the top, the metal wire rotates slightly, as you push down on your 5 rds loaded clip. The rds enter the magazine and clip drops out bottom of rifle.
These clips typically go for $250 range in the U.S., sometime with 5 actual bullets too! There are repros made and sold from S&S Firearms New York.
Good luck.
 
Thanks for the help. Yes, it is possible to make cases for this rifle from the .303 British case.
Just the sort of useless picky work I enjoy. I have at least 50 other rifles to shoot but here I am forming cases for this obsolete rifle and working on reloading data.
jclayton
 
Back
Top Bottom