twobitrifles
Member
- Location
- Houston, TX
Hello all,
I have been conducting a research survey of the Model 1892 for more than 7 years now. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=606355 In that time I have catalogued just over 9,700 rifles spanning the entire length of production. There is a group of identical configuration saddle ring carbines all of which are 44 WCF caliber with full magazines that have a stamped mark on the left side of the receiver. All of the 11 rifles have been refinished. Of these 11 rifles identified, 4 are additionally stamped with Century Arms, ST Albans, VT (Vermont) on the lower tang. Another single rifle is stamped with Northeast Inc, Watertown, MA (Massachusetts) on the lower tang. A couple of the rifles are located in Germany and have unmarked lower tangs. That leaves 5 rifles that I do not know if the tang is marked. Century Arms is a company started in the early 1960's which bought used rifles from abroad and imported them back into the US. I can find no information about Northeast Inc.
Does anyone recognize the "Pine Tree" stamp on the left side of the receiver? Or any chance any information about importations of Winchesters by the Century Arms company.
I greatly appreciate any help you might have in solving this.
Thanks
Michael
Houston, TX
I have been conducting a research survey of the Model 1892 for more than 7 years now. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=606355 In that time I have catalogued just over 9,700 rifles spanning the entire length of production. There is a group of identical configuration saddle ring carbines all of which are 44 WCF caliber with full magazines that have a stamped mark on the left side of the receiver. All of the 11 rifles have been refinished. Of these 11 rifles identified, 4 are additionally stamped with Century Arms, ST Albans, VT (Vermont) on the lower tang. Another single rifle is stamped with Northeast Inc, Watertown, MA (Massachusetts) on the lower tang. A couple of the rifles are located in Germany and have unmarked lower tangs. That leaves 5 rifles that I do not know if the tang is marked. Century Arms is a company started in the early 1960's which bought used rifles from abroad and imported them back into the US. I can find no information about Northeast Inc.
Does anyone recognize the "Pine Tree" stamp on the left side of the receiver? Or any chance any information about importations of Winchesters by the Century Arms company.
I greatly appreciate any help you might have in solving this.
Thanks
Michael
Houston, TX
Last edited:


















































