Winchester Model 1892 Issue

Mike K.

Regular
Rating - 100%
313   0   0
I have an 1892 that has an annoying habit. Every time it is loaded through the loading gate, it will not bring up a cartridge. When you look in through the top, the cartridge base sits to the right. If you put your finger in and move it, it straightens out and all the cases will feed properly. Doesn't matter if one or eight, the first one has to be fiddled with. What is causing this? A worn cartridge guide perhaps???
 
have you tried poking the last shell in furthre? Use a piece of dowel if necessary. Also is the loading gate springing all the way out after loading ? could it be hanging up on the last shell loaded and keeping that shell on an angle?

cheers mooncoon
 
have you tried poking the last shell in furthre? Use a piece of dowel if necessary. Also is the loading gate springing all the way out after loading ? could it be hanging up on the last shell loaded and keeping that shell on an angle?

cheers mooncoon

Yes, it might be the loading gate spring. I will check into it further. Thanks.
 
Had same problem with my Rossi 92 it was the timing was out I think
I had to tear it down 3 times to get it right
I have no idea what I did wrong the first two times but it is slick and smooth now
 
Back
Top Bottom