Winchester Model 1895 value...

ben777lemay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Location
Canada
Hi guys, one of my friend own an old Winchester model 1895 in .303 British.
From the serial number, it appear to be from 1905.
The rifle is in fair condition and it shoots very well :redface:

To be honest I know nothing about these Winchesters.
What is the value of this rifle ???

013-3.jpg


010-7.jpg


007-11.jpg


012-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks like the stock has had varnish applied but not overly sanded(a good thing) but someone has went at the metal with a wire wheel or something abrasive(not good). Around $600 in my neck of the woods.
 
I paid iirc $650 for my 1895 quite some months ago, chambered in .303 British.

[youtube]ZPphvR3lbNQ&[/youtube]

All original condition!!!!
 
I'm partial to model 95's over all other Winchesters. $500-650 at the moment for a 303 judging by some recent auctions. Personally I have a fondness for the 38-72 chambering though.
 
Honestly guys, do you think its better to leave it like that or restore it ???
The receiver have light surface rust so we will have to take action...

Looks like it's been wire brushed. Be worth more if it was not messed with.

Are you sure, NRA museum have 4 1895's.
From those four, two are blued and others not...

This one is a 1904 so its almost the same rifle, not blued :

http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum...hester-model-1895-lever-action-rifle-(1).aspx

Unknown year, not blued too :

http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum...hester-model-1895-lever-action-rifle-(1).aspx

Blued, unknown year :

http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum...hester-model-1895-lever-action-rifle-(2).aspx

Blued, unknown year but its not exactly the same model, stock is checkered :

http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum...winchester-model-1895-lever-action-rifle.aspx
 
Bronze wool soaked in oil is okay for removing light rust. Heavier stuff can be pushed off the surface with a penny. Neither will harm the original finish if any remains.
 
To be honest I know nothing about these Winchesters.
What is the value of this rifle ???

007-11.jpg

Judgeing from the complete lack of any blueing & the scratches from what looks like sandpaper :eek: my opinion is that gun is not worth what is expressed above. I would bet the bolt guide pins which is a problem with 95s, are almost wore out too.
Personally I would think $500 is almost to much...my opinion!
 
Back
Top Bottom