Winchester Model 1906 22short 1st year of production

Marineer

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to sell this old rifle and need to find someone who could reliably appraise it. I live near Vancouver BC. I would like to use the selling price to purchase a more modern 22lr so would like to make enough for that.
I have fired a few tubes back in 1972 and a few rounds back in 1982, otherwise it has been in dry storage. When I was a kid back in the 70's I removed the stock to refinish it but sanded it a bit too much so, also the blueing is all gone. It is operational but I would grade it in "fine" condition.
Anyone have any thoughts as to an appraiser or as to value?
 
I'd suggest posting some pictures so someone can provide a more accurate ballpark for you. They are neat rifles but generally don't command a premium, especially if refinished.

Include photos of any markings; the effects of the sanding; the stock; and if at all possible, the bore (open the action and shine a flashlight in the ejection port while you photograph down the bore - takes a bit of practice to get that right).

Is there any pitting in the bore? Condition of chamber & rifling is important, because if it can't even be shot then the value drops again.
 
Thanks for the reply. I will try to take some photos in the manner you suggest and post them on this site. Going away for a few days so may be a while.
Thanks again.
 
Back
Top Bottom