Winchester Super-X

Cole

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Location
Cranbrook B.C.
Has anybody noticed how well the Win Super - X in .30-06 165gr PSP shoots ? I have an old P-17 sporter that puts this stuff into one ragged hole at 100yds without a hitch.
Anybody else out there use this ammo? I sure like it and I have had awesome results with it.
I would like to know if anyone has chronoghraphed this stuff as well.:wave::wave::wave:
 
I picked up a box of 165gr PSP to test a nice sporterized mauser earlier this fall. I was favourably impressed with 1 M.O.A. groups I got shooting with a 4x scope.

I usually handload and don't buy much factory ammo, but I think the price was around $24/box and that is a low end for factory ammo locally.

I saw a fellow testing his new T3 in .300WSM the same day and couldn't help noticing his winchester factory ammo was priced at over $70/box and wasn't grouping all that well... so I'll stick with the '06
 
Winchester Super X

Cole you let cat out of bag !
The Winchester super X ammo might be the best ammo ever produced for accuracy. They shoot extreemly well in many callibers.
I bought some for $16.95 at Lebarons couple years ago and went to buy some this fall for my 30.06 Model 30s &.308 Rem Model 7 with 18.5" barrel. They where sold out and only had the new Winchester Power Max so I bought one box and gave them a try in .308win. They shoot the same as the Super X for accuracy. I shot 3 rounds through a friends Rem 40x .308 and group was just under .500". There was a fellow sighting in his Sako in .308 shooting Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded that he had bought at almost $50 a box his group was over 3" at 100y I gave him a couple Power max's and they where almost touching,he turned to me and said the salesman said the Scirocco's where the best bullet made. I explained to him the bullet is a very good bullet but they just don't shoot in your gun



Note! speed a shooting 46.5gr pf Varget {pretty stout load} with 150gr Speer hot cors. but look at speed of Winchester's
I went back to buy some more and to see if they had any in .308 & 30.06 they where sold out
P1060694.jpg

P1060692.jpg

P1060689.jpg
 
The super-x in my .222 is great. I have always had good luck with it before I started reloading.

The super-x 140g in my 7mm-08 is terrible. I paid $26 taxes in basically for 20 peices of brass.
 
Back
Top Bottom