Winchester Supreme® Ballistic Silvertip

Jimbobob08

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Winchester Supreme® Ballistic Silvertip

Thinking of picking up the 30-06 168grain for a do everything round, just wanted to know if anyone has used these ballistic silvertips on game and what the result was?

I used the SuperX silvertip in 30-30 170grain on a bear a few years ago, bang-flop, but it was a small bear.

Thanks for any info.
 
ballistic silvertips

a buddy of mine swears by them . he dear hunts with a remington pump in 3006 and loves those shells . I know of other people that say they think they do too much damage to the meat . they would be fine for deer but I don;t think I would use them on moose . nosler partition for moose . the ballistic silvertips would be too explosive for moose from what I have heard .
 
My Tikka 595 .308 will group the 168gr BST's into .75" for 5 shots. Super accurate factory stuff for that gun. But I handload Nosler Accubonds for their reliability at all ranges. I've seen BST's explode on game under 100 yards leaving surface wounds with no penetration to the vitals.
 
Back
Top Bottom