Winchester Winclean

soulchaser

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
Toronto
Anyone know why WinClean brass can't be reloaded?

I bought some .45 Winclean today and it says right on the box the casings are not to be used for reloading.

I thought maybe it was all their USA brand stuff, but the regular 9mm box doesn't say anything.
 
Dont believe everything you read. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that brass and is easily reloaded. Aside from the small primer on the 45acp as mentioned, all is normal. And if you were not aware simply use spp in the 45 brass and you're set.
db
 
Small Pistol Prime. .45ACP is a large primer by design but Win decided to product some of the most smoky flashy ammo I have ever shot, call it WinClean and throw a small primer in there for ####s and giggles. It can be be reloaded, but just sperate them from your large primed brass. Wont be fun when you get a small primered case and try and shove a large primer inside.

Nothing wrong with reloading them, just the MFG liability warning to cover there ass.
 
Because Winchester wants you to buy factory ammo. Actually it's just the non-toxic primer you can't get. Regular small pistol primers work just fine. Be sure you don't mix NT cases with regular cases when reloading.
 
Sorry for Bringing back a old post.

I was wondering about the winchester winclean 9mm in either the 124 or 147. I use it only for range, would these be worth it to switch or should I just stick with the ranges American Eagle 9mm, 124gr FMJ? They seem to shoot just fine, just worried about the lead overtime.

WC92 WinClean® 9mm Luger WinClean 124
WC93 WinClean® 9mm Luger WinClean 147
 
Back
Top Bottom