Windage adjustable Red River front sight question

guninhand

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Location
East Coast
This sight has about 1/8 inch of threaded rod exposed on the right side. No matter how far to the left or right I adjust the sight with the right side knob, this excess threaded rod coming out from the left side knob just stays as excess. How is this extra threaded rod suppose to come into use? Don't want to cut it off then find I needed it for something. TIA
 
I was in email contact with him and he said it's for moving the sight to the limit of its range, but when I do that the excess thread is not used up but still sticks out the side of the brass knob. I thought if I got someone on here who used one they could explain. They're nice sights at a good price; I thought they'd be fairly popular.
 
The answer is:
The exposed thread is for a brass nut that can be used to lock a sight setting in place. If there is no brass nut with the sight ( I don't have extras) there is no harm in cutting off the excess exposed thread, after determining what remains exposed all the time.
 
I would leave the sight as is; pretty hard to put the threads back on if you change your mind after a few weeks or months of shooting with it

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom