wolf ammo sold in stores?

I just ordered 2000 LRN 230gr .45 from wolf...... it came in 2 HEAVY boxes. to my door cost was about $15 per 50, incl. shipping. :D

I get a litle bit of a pucker factor when I see .45 in the store for $26 a box! SFRC is selling the same wolf ammo for $16 a box plus shipping, but they will ship smaller quatities...... Not to bad if you just want to try out a coupla hundred.

IMHO Wolf bullets put out a good product, well worth the hassel of having to buy in large quantities.

The ammo I got groups well out of my .45...... it groups better than I do (I am a poor shooter with out a rest) usually my groups are about 12" @ 25 yrds. The gun & ammo are both more consistant than I am!

The best part is that when I'm done shooting the ammo I will have 2000 brass to reload..... ( I am having a heck of a time finding 1xf brass for a decent price) locally 1xf .45 brass is going for $17.50 per 100.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Lovetts Gun Centre in Kitchener sells them by the box, maybe by the case too. I bought a couple of boxes for $21 a piece.
 
How is Combat Masters ammo compared to Wolf?

I have never used Combat Masters.

I shoot mostly (hand guns) at 2 differnt indoor ranges, both are wood construction and have a lead only under 1000fps restriction (from the CFO). Wolf sells Lead ammo, Combat masters does not. CM has a 2 case minimum shipping rule and they are very hard to get a hold of. Wolf on the other hand, responds to emails with in a day or 2.

By all accounts I have heard. CM ammo is very good.

Cheers!
 
How is Combat Masters ammo compared to Wolf?


I have never shot WOLFF.

But from a lot of personal experience and that of other shooters in Alberta; Combat Masters is excellent.

It is a commercial facility that adheres to very high QC. CM makes a ton of ammo for LE training
 
If you ain't a large bulk purchaser now, you may as well forget about them...

That pretty much sums it up. I could never get any kind of response out of Combat Masters, but Wolfgang at Wolf Bullets answered my emails in under 24 hours, actually picked up the phone, and even called me back to confirm my order. Just buy from Wolf and skip the hassle.
 
call sfrc. I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm with shipping it was about $60 cheaper than any local store around me. And I think they sell in smaller quanities but I'm not 100% sure.
 
Every time I contact Wolf in Kingston for ammo he is always out of stock. 9mm, 45ACP always out of stock? Combatmasters never return calls or emails. I must have ####ty luck?
 
Back
Top Bottom