Wolf Bullets (reloaded in kingston)

I'd like to chime in here ... I bought 500 rnds of wolf TMJ 9mm (from Ryan) and they FTF and FTE in my Sig, several rounds have the bullet seated way too short and some of the cartridges have no powder in them at all.

Is this a known problem Ryan? The boxes I got have no label on them (white box)

I have a case gauge if you want to check some out. As I posted on the other thread, one of the bullets I took home from you measured an OAL of .95" which is very short for a 124gr bullet.

Otherwise you know I shoot a Glock so these bullets will shoot in my gun no problem :stirthepot2: I will just trade you. :p
 
Well I had a chance to return to the range with my 1911 again. I brought the new box of 50 factory winchester and went through them without a problem, so I know its the gun functions fine.

I then loaded up the wolf ammo to give it another shot. It was jamming much less (not every shot), and I think I even went a full magazine without a jam. So now im thinking it might be a break in thing. Im gonna keep shooting it to see how the rest goes. Then ill have a 1000 cases to reload :)
 
I have used Wolf ammo and liked it. i only bought the lead RN ammo - not plated.

You did not mention the make of your 45.

I have a number of them, but the Norinco chamber is different than the others. It cannot accept any straight section of the bullet forward of the mouth. It would enegage the bore and not allow the slide to close.

It could be your pistol throat is short.
 
fired a ton of .40 wolf today at the range in my glock and some .45 wolf in my norc 1911. never had a single problem. while i did notice the .45 fmj is a little longer in the chamber compared to the hollow points, i never had a problem feeding.
 
I have used Wolf ammo and liked it. i only bought the lead RN ammo - not plated.

You did not mention the make of your 45.

I have a number of them, but the Norinco chamber is different than the others. It cannot accept any straight section of the bullet forward of the mouth. It would enegage the bore and not allow the slide to close.

thats exactly what happens....... I have put the bullets through my seating die and seated them a few thousands of an inch lower, they now fit perfectly in the barrel, making a range trip this weekend to see how they work
 
Update on last post, the reseated bullets functioned flawlessly, issue resolved. Thanks for all the input from everyone.
 
Back
Top Bottom