Wolf "commercially reloaded ammunition" - be careful with it!

CobraGT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
273   1   1
I bought a bunch of 9mm 124gr a while back, and it's been decent ammo. However, I opened a box to top up some magazines, and noticed that one looked a smidge different than the rest in the box - I looked closer, and it was the fact that it was a hair shorter that had caught my attention.

Checked the stamp - 9X18 Makarov!

Not sure if this would have caused a problem had I run it through a 9mm gun, but it can't be good for it... glad I happened to notice. I'll be carefully checking the rest as I use it up!

Anyone want to buy 1 round of +P 9X18?? I'll cut you a good deal! lol
 
Last edited:
I woudln't put this specific maker on notice for what is an isolated event for you ... I've seen the same or worse in Factory boxes of ammo.

But it is a good reminder for all of us to not take things for granted and that we are the last "check" in the quality control line.
 
Good reason to always data stamp. It is One of the biggest lessons I took away from my pal course. Worked great for the OP too.
I've said it before, we are playing with some awesome, powerful gear. It is easy to get caught up in the fun and excitement, one extra second spent to verify each round as it is loaded can be the difference between a great range outing and one that could end poorly.
 
+1 - CGNners have reported commericial ammo misfires, squibs, overcharges (sometimes taking out the firearm)...

Ours is a sport with managed risks - OP was the last link in the chain, but he caught it. Good reminder, though.
 
I rember a picture a buddy took for me he bough a box of 270 bullets and in the box he found three 30/06 springfield rounds. looked like the box was dropped or somthing cause the cardbord was dammaged so someone must dropped a few boxes mixed them and just shoved them togethre not noticing the difference.
 
From my latest (and probably last) batch of wolf reloads I purchased.

photo4.jpg


Not a small crack, by any means, and definitely hard to miss. I guess the person on quality control that day booked off sick.
I'd hate to think what might have happened had I not noticed and fired it.
 
I won't shoot that stuff. A few years ago had some 45acp. Some had no primers. They were rattling around in the blue card board box. Made me wonder what the powder charge control was like.
 
Back
Top Bottom