wondering if worth collecting or not??

sinko

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a canadian 1967 30-30 model 94 didnt pay much for it its never been fired has original certificate with it has a hex barrel and maple leafs engraved on the reciever beautiful looking gun was wondering if i should just tuck it away because it is/or worth anything or just use it?? if it is worth anything what would it be worth roughly.

Thanks
 
I've seen them on the EE and dealer sites for around $600. I kind of want one myself. I really don't think any of the Winchester "commemerative" models are all that collectable. If I had one I would shoot it for sure, maybe just less often and take good care of it.
 
Lots of commemorative winchesters out there. If it's the canadian centennial, I'd say around $450?

Just FYI - antiques are generally regarded to be pre 1898 guns. You'll get better info in the hunting and sporting arms section.
 
Shoot it. Commemorative Winchesters, of any year, are only of interest to collectors if they're still sealed in the box. Even then you'd have to find one who wants it.
 
Have to agree about the box thing, though there are a few "commemorative that are worth a truck load of cash if found with or with out the box. The commemorative Winchesters were very popular 15 to 20 years ago. Some of the finest looking guns were the Legendary Frontiersman, and the Northfield Bank Raid, not to mention the Saskatchewan and Alberta Centennials.
Canadian Centennial is a damn good looking rifle, a shame to fire it if you want to keep any kind of value. As soon as you put a round through the thing it becomes just a used gun, nothing else.
BTW, if you find an "Alaskan Purchase" or "Illinois Sesquicentennial" you just found the mother lode. Too bad there are fudds out there who would buy one of these and go out hunting with them, they are worth more then their weight in gold, if un-fired.
 
Back
Top Bottom