Would you fire this round?

tritium4ever

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
9mm_1.jpg

9mm_2.jpg


I found this while digging through a pile of ammo. It's a 9mm 124gr TMJ round from Wolf Bullets that I purchased about a year ago. I'm surprised the bullet was actually able to be loaded into a case with that much damage. This is the only round that I've found like this...the other 599 rounds I've looked at so far don't come anywhere close to the condition of this round..

So, would you fire it? :eek:
 
Nasty!:eek:
By the look of the burr on (what's left of) the caseneck, I doubt it would even chamber, but NO, that wouldn't get near a gun of mine.:)
 
Why would anyone want to fire it?
If Mythbusters provided me with a couple of nice free pistols for the test, I'd do it in well protected and controlled inviro :D

Make it - 4 nice pistols :D
 
No' if the case has failed that much there might be some powder missing and then you will be pounding the bullet out of your barrel. That one goes on the display shelf.
 
That one goes on the display shelf.

I agree. Time to start a "Wall of Shame." I have one for my boo-boos and the various "How the hell did that happen?" items that I find. Like a 7mm Mauser meets a 7mm Mag chamber or some excess pressure .357's that actually swaged the headstamp out of exsistance. I use them to show interested parties what to look out for in the world of handloading.

I'm guessing that round found a nice puddle of something corrosive to lay in for a while. I've never seen brass eaten away like that. It might do serious damage to a firearm. The case is eaten through below the bullet's base. The powder and primer would be comprimised. Keep it for show and tell.
 
Back
Top Bottom