Would you fire this round?

i was just going to say when i say that pic, that it looks liek one of wolfs rounds.
It is easy to have happen whe nyou load that much ammo, but QC cost alot of money.
Id say its a little past once fired er!
simon
 
Thats a keeper..... Collector Ammo....


or you could send it to wolf for the "QC - Boo Boo" wall,

"Do you think I could exchange this?"
 
Mail it to your closest terrorist cell - hopefully it will blow up in THEIR faces rather than YOUR face.

I wouldn't fire that unless my life depended on it - which, in that case, it very well might anyway.

-M
 
Pull it! Deprime and reuse components!

I'm pretty sure I could pull the bullet with my fingers given the condition of the case, but then I'd be left with gunpowder I have no use for and a case I can't deprime since I don't have any reloading gear. :p

FWIW, I wouldn't even chamber that round, never mind fire it. Don't need loose fragments of the case scratching my chamber. :D
 
almost looks like its already been fired, Looks like theres rifling grooves on the bullet

I think CraigOry has it. This sure looks like a reloaded once-fired projectile. check out the land and groove marks. I would like to see the primer. I think we're being had here.
 
I took the round out again to look at it. From what I can tell the bullet has definitely not been fired before...the grooves are far too shallow (not to mention too closely spaced) to be rifling marks. I can barely feel them with my fingernail. The marks are also perfectly straight along the axis of the bullet, instead of being angled as would be the case if it were rifling marks. It appears to be tooling marks of some kind, either from the manufacturing of the bullet itself or the loading process. The primer is in normal condition, appearing to be visually identical to the other rounds in the box.

I was wrong on one thing though...I couldn't pull the bullet with my fingers. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom