WP Marston .41 Cal Muzzleloader PICS ADDED

rivetc78

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
Rating - 100%
113   0   1
Location
Keine Todesangst
Alright.
Trying to find info on this Firearm.

Can;t find anything.

Any well versed individuals out hear that can send me somewhere to dig up info.?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
My impression is that Marston was in Ontario and was either a builder or more likely a importer/retailer. Are there any proof marks on the gun. How about copying a photo to Photobucket (free) and posting a picture on here for us

cheers mooncoon
 
Ya...
I won;t actually get to see it until the weekend. I was trying to get myself some info before I go.

W. P Marston was his name. Early - mid 1800's. .41 cal is not too common I understand.

I guess I should have looked at it first than taken pictures to post here. LOL
 
There was a W P Marston in Toronto starting in the 1850's to around 1900 and was a gunmaker according to the Canadian gunsmith book he was one of the larger manufactures of guns in Canada he also imported some guns and put his name on it but this was no uncommon either. But my understanding is he had a full workshop and a lot of Canadian makers started working for him
 
m1.jpg


m2.jpg


How do I find a value?? This is an heirloom for a family I know. Handed down since 1852.

It works too! :)

Would a store like EPPS be able to help ? Any Ideas?
 
Usually the barrel maker would provide a bullet mould of the appropriate caliber.
Ya...
I won;t actually get to see it until the weekend. I was trying to get myself some info before I go.

W. P Marston was his name. Early - mid 1800's. .41 cal is not too common I understand.

I guess I should have looked at it first than taken pictures to post here. LOL
 
There was a large collection of Marstons and Sopers sold at Switzers auction several months ago. As noted Marston was located in the Toronto area and the majority of the guns I've seen were very well made and command a premium price.
 
The Cdn made guns at the Switzers auction sold for $450 to about $1100.
There was a very nice Marston, short, heavy barrel, turned for a starter, that sold for the higher price. It appears to have been in better condition than yours, although it is hard to tell from the photos.
 
Back
Top Bottom