WRA .38-70 Value Guesstimate

kayceel

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Dauphin, MB
A full box of the above, more than a little tarnished but not corroded, box maybe fair/fair+. After some searching online US$ 5.00 to $18.50:eek: and the inevitable Joe Salter listing for a poorer box of cleaner ammo at $250.00:eek::eek:. What are your guesstimates for a fair market value in Canada? Kayceel
 
I would lean towards $5.00 per shell or $100 for the whole box but also that it would be a hard sell. I don't think there is a big market, at least locally, for collector cartridges. I will buy a obsolete cartridge that I don't already have, from time to time, if I want to make a reamer for chambering or for making sizing dies etc. Even though I have a sort of collection of cartridges, it is more of an opportunistic accumulation that a deliberate collection. I also think that might describe many cartridge collections

cheers mooncoon
 
Thanks Mooncoon, that number is about what I thought and I very much agree that it would be a hardsell in that calibre ( unless I can find 20 guys that are heavy into WRA ammo and don't have a .38-70 yet. LOL ). Think I'll take it to the Yorkton gunshow at the end of February and see what it will go for. Kayceel
 
Back
Top Bottom