I have be refinishing a antique percussion shotgun barrel over the last couple of days. Got quite a surprise because it appears to be wrought iron and that is something that I have almost never seen in a british barrel before.
Worth noting that the barrel does not darken worth a damn compared to damascus barrels that I have played with.
just for comparison, the barrel below is french and was made in layers sort of like plywood.
the barrels below are english and made in the early 1800s
finally I tossed these ones in because the two barrels do not have the same pattern. The gun is an economy grade english gun.
Worth noting that the barrel does not darken worth a damn compared to damascus barrels that I have played with.
just for comparison, the barrel below is french and was made in layers sort of like plywood.
the barrels below are english and made in the early 1800s
finally I tossed these ones in because the two barrels do not have the same pattern. The gun is an economy grade english gun.



















































