WTF is this 45ACP single shot pistol

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
All I know is that the old owner shot lots of 45ACP from the gun. (I take it was 455 or 450cal that was made to shoot 45acp) He thinks it was made 1890 to perhaps 1895. He was carrying the gun as a concealed carry on him up till last night.
Maker unknown. No name on the derringer and no numbers
(note the gun is NOT in Canada.)
Have you seen one like this before? I would like to find out some info on the gun before i buy it.


this is the ad for the gun.
Made circa 1890 to perhaps 1895. Maker unknown. No name on the derringer and no numbers. This is the second one I have owned and this one is tight and crisp, and in great mechanical shape. The blue is all gone and someone steel wooled the surface. The shell ejector works great. It will pop an empty out about 3 feet into the air and over your sholder. The barrel tip up opens crisp and to close, it snaps closed real stiff just like the day it was made. The rifeling is gone, looks like a plowed field inside the barrel. This gun is not shootable. LIFE IS SHORT.....BUY THE GUN!


0291.jpg


5795.jpg


1541.jpg


3247.jpg


3610.jpg
 
Last edited:
looks homemade to me to and not antique looks modern in designe.
I could be wrong but i dont think so.
its a neat looking single shot tho kinda flare gun designe.
 
looking at it a couple of times, It certainly looks like it could be a cut off small shotgun. Quite the job. Added a pistol grip , voila!! Certainly prohib now huh. Or is it antique? My guess is that its prohib D/T barrel length, but I know very little. Is there any rifling in the barrel? If it was rechambered for 45 acp, could a smooth bore be rifled afterwards to achieve some kind of accuracy?
 
I would say it was made that way. Most small shotguns use a flat mainspring very different fron the arched mainspring in this pistol... Maybe one-off but I'm not sure it was a shotgun in the past....
 
I suspect it is a one-off.
Cannot see anything that would establish antique status.
Would further suggest that it is an unregistered restricted at best.
Certainly hope that laddie is no longer carrying it concealed.
I wouldn't touch it with someone else's 10 foot pole.
 
I suspect it is a one-off.
Cannot see anything that would establish antique status.
Would further suggest that it is an unregistered restricted at best.
Certainly hope that laddie is no longer carrying it concealed.
I wouldn't touch it with someone else's 10 foot pole.


the gun is not in canada.. it's in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 
this is the ad.

Made circa 1890 to perhaps 1895. Maker unknown. No name on the derringer and no numbers. This is the second one I have owned and this one is tight and crisp, and in great mechanical shape. The blue is all gone and someone steel wooled the surface. The shell ejector works great. It will pop an empty out about 3 feet into the air and over your sholder. The barrel tip up opens crisp and to close, it snaps closed real stiff just like the day it was made. The rifeling is gone, looks like a plowed field inside the barrel. This gun is not shootable. LIFE IS SHORT.....BUY THE GUN!
 
Why does he say it's not shootable then you say he says he shoots a lot of .45ACP through it?
 
I agree looks like a shotgun built in to a gun. It would be fairly easy to create this and it explains why no markings or serial number, Also it would explain no rifling due to it being a shot gun barrel. The finish as well homemade looking and really you could fire almost any small caliber out of a barrel with no rifling and that short. Interesting concept would take someone who had some skill to make it.
 
Back
Top Bottom