Yet another Winchester 1894 thread

theBuilder

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys, so after a few days of searching, and having confused myself more than anything, ive decided to just go straight to the source as it were.

I have an option to purchase a Winchester 1894 from an aging family member, who wishes to move his collection along, before his health deteriorates any further. Given that it is family, i want to offer a fair price.

The rifle in question is a Winchester 1894, chambered in 38-55, with SN 12917* with a round barrel.

The best i could come up with from Winchester’s database is that based on that serial number, it was likely manufactured in 1897, or 1898. I don’t know the condition of the bore, but i know that this man religiously cared for his things. Attached are the only pictures i have of it, any help with a fair value would be greatly appreciated.84E7A68A-A726-4A7F-BE1F-5C54502D9370.jpgE17DE48F-F850-4E08-92F8-97CCE42A0E25.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 84E7A68A-A726-4A7F-BE1F-5C54502D9370.jpg
    84E7A68A-A726-4A7F-BE1F-5C54502D9370.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 216
  • E17DE48F-F850-4E08-92F8-97CCE42A0E25.jpg
    E17DE48F-F850-4E08-92F8-97CCE42A0E25.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 217
I'd have no idea what a fair price would be, but what a cool rifle! 38-55 made in the 1800's? Awesome!

I'd assume something like that which from the couple pics appears to be in great shape for the age would fetch well north of $1000, but I'm just throwing a stone here.
 
Back
Top Bottom