YODAVE Trigger Spring Install?

Eggbert

CGN Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Anola
I just received my CZ457 trigger spring kit. Is there any secret to removing the trigger pin other than hitting it with a bigger hammer? I have a scope attached and I don't want to jar the scope unnessarily. Nor do I want to dammage the pin hole. I'm thinking about using a short piece of 1/32" or 1/8" diameter music wire in a drill press to ease the pin out (press it out, not drill it out). As I understand it, the pin is swaged in place for security.
 
Never had a prob with my 455. Are you sure it's 'swaged', maybe just 'aged in place' ? Is your punch 'small enough' ? In my firearams i generally use a 'tack hammer' for disassembly . . . except for the bayonet screw on my SKSs - that called for a hammer-driven Impact Driver.
 
Yes, I've read those instructions (square heavy blow to get the pin started). I also watched several videos on this subject. One shows about five attempts to remove the pin, each bending the punches & other tools the person used. There has to be an easier way than jaring the pin out. I have hardened steel wire on hand, and I'm going to try easing the pin out with a manual press.

If that doesn't work for me I'll have to find a 3/32" punch. I have a set of brass punches but the smallest is 1/8".
 
Well, I bit the bullet and did the job easily and successfully. There's nothing to it, just follow the instructions. I admit watching the video guy bend 5 "tools" got me scared to try it. You can see the tools I used in this picture, as well as the old & new springs. I have the pull weight down to one lb, which is where I'm comfortable.
 

Attachments

  • YODAVE.Spring.JPG
    YODAVE.Spring.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom