Zuoave, 58cal, 26" rnd barrel question

marcus_bc

Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hi,
I'm thinking of purchasing a Zoli built Remington 1863 Zuoave 58cal carbine with a 26" round barrel. The owner does not know what rate of twist this carbine has.
I'm interested in a 1:60 twist or greater in order to shoot round ball and patch.
I've looked for hours on the net and can't find anything definitive for a 26" barrel.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks
 
I had a zoli, it has very shallow rifling, made for mini bullet useage, i did shoot some round balls, but not gd accuracy, factory load is 60gr 2f with a mini bullet, gets about 950fps, my gun shot decent enugh, not a sniper rifle,but gd, 50yrd accuracy range from 4-65" 5 shot groups
 
I have an Antonio Zoli Remington 1863 ("Zouave") made in 1972 with a 33" barrel. I don't know where I found the info, but the 33" barrel has a 1:60 twist, which is just great for patched round ball. I have not owned it for long, only shot it once; I used a .570 patched round ball, over 60gr 2F BP, and had a great group at 25 yards. Shot high, but if I could shoot anymore at 200 yards, it would be bang on the bull. I like.
 
Back
Top Bottom