cut down .38 special brass and HC collections .38 rimfire loading dies and their heeled bullets.I have a conversion Colt in .38 short I would like to try out o few times. Just wondering if there is a simple answer to make something, or find some originals, or repro. stuff??
Thanks.
I shot some factory .38 SC thru a Blackhawk one time...very anemic round ... hit an old tin oil can at 20 ft and barely put a dent in it.

Beautiful iron you have there, take good care of her I am sure you will!So I was looking through my heap, and there it was. A full box of .38 Colt. More than I'll use for sure. The gun is a factory engraved, and factory conversion. Action and bore are just fine.
I also found a box of .38 RF, I have another 61 Colt conversion, in .38 rf. Now I can try both out. (no long range shooting tho.)
![]()
So I was looking through my heap, and there it was. A full box of .38 Colt. More than I'll use for sure. The gun is a factory engraved, and factory conversion. Action and bore are just fine.
I also found a box of .38 RF, I have another 61 Colt conversion, in .38 rf. Now I can try both out. (no long range shooting tho.)
![]()
Killer rabbit gun.
The real crime is that you can't shoot a 150 year old black powder cartridge gun at a can out in your own bush. .38 SC in BP is just too scary.Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a crime to load and shoot a restricted handgun outside a licensed range?
The real crime is that you can't shoot a 150 year old black powder cartridge gun at a can out in your own bush. .38 SC in BP is just too scary.



























