.38 short Colt CF ammo. .WITH PIC.

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
I have a conversion Colt in .38 short I would like to try out o few times. Just wondering if there is a simple answer to make something, or find some originals, or repro. stuff??
Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I have a conversion Colt in .38 short I would like to try out o few times. Just wondering if there is a simple answer to make something, or find some originals, or repro. stuff??
Thanks.
cut down .38 special brass and HC collections .38 rimfire loading dies and their heeled bullets.
 
Folks use the .38 SC in IPSC, shooting them out of .38 Specials (faster reloads) BUT the 38 SC brass (I am told) is too thin to stand up to many reloads; so many guys shooting it cut back .38 Special brass. I have not yet tried this for IPSC as my .38 is for IDPA right now (using a semi for IPSC), but there are a few guys I know in person (who are also on CGN) that do this.

All this is to reinforce the above points that "yes it is available" but "no it isn't common"
 
So I was looking through my heap, and there it was. A full box of .38 Colt. More than I'll use for sure. The gun is a factory engraved, and factory conversion. Action and bore are just fine.

I also found a box of .38 RF, I have another 61 Colt conversion, in .38 rf. Now I can try both out. (no long range shooting tho.)

 
So I was looking through my heap, and there it was. A full box of .38 Colt. More than I'll use for sure. The gun is a factory engraved, and factory conversion. Action and bore are just fine.

I also found a box of .38 RF, I have another 61 Colt conversion, in .38 rf. Now I can try both out. (no long range shooting tho.)

Beautiful iron you have there, take good care of her I am sure you will!
 
Yes. Very. Anything made before 1901 should be antique regardless of calibre. Ie. French 1892 even made after should still be. Yet there is some examples which are not. Sad really. As forme I really like 32 SW ammo and 32 ACP. So guess what. SOL on me. May still be able to find a rifle converted from 32 rim. Not antique but still fun. I know some who has one... Killer rabbit gun.
 
So I was looking through my heap, and there it was. A full box of .38 Colt. More than I'll use for sure. The gun is a factory engraved, and factory conversion. Action and bore are just fine.

I also found a box of .38 RF, I have another 61 Colt conversion, in .38 rf. Now I can try both out. (no long range shooting tho.)


Wow thats a really nice gun you have there.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a crime to load and shoot a restricted handgun outside a licensed range?
The real crime is that you can't shoot a 150 year old black powder cartridge gun at a can out in your own bush. .38 SC in BP is just too scary.
 
Back
Top Bottom